This event is over. See upcoming events
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (UTC+5.5)
Sanatana Dharma emphasizes marriage as a sacrament and not merely a contract.
Marriage as per Vedic thought is a life-long commitment of one wife and one husband and is the strongest social bond that takes place between a man and a woman.
This is a 2-talks lecture series on the importance and significance of Vivaham by Bhuvaneshwari Lakshminarayanan
– Overview and importance of vivaham
– Lives of ideal couples from the great Panch Kanyas to Satyavan Savitri to the latest contemporary couples like Bharat Ratna MS Subbalakshmi Amma and Shri Sadashivam.
– Exploring the common thread across these ideal couples.
– Rituals and household duties after marriage
– Practical aspects and challenges in:
a) Performance of the rituals
b) Typical challenges of this age
10 minutes at the end of both lectures will be dedicated to addressing any questions from the audience.
Join the talk series now and learn about the institution of marriage as seen through the Bharatiya world-view.
11 Feb 2023 | 10:00 to 11:00AM | 05:00 to 06:00PM